One thing I've been meaning to do is create video posts for some recipes and tips. This past week, I created the recipe and video for a competition, but due to complications was not able to enter it. Plus side though is that all of you get to enjoy it!
I'd like to note that if the video seems a bit choppy, its because the entire video had to be 4 minutes. However, I really hope you enjoy this playful take on a campfire classic!
-1.5 cups gluten-free graham cracker crumbs
-.25 cups sugar
-6 tbsp melted butter
-8oz bittersweet chocolate
-12 tbsp butter
-1 cup white rice flour
-1/3 cup potato starch
-1 tsp baking powder
-.5 tsp salt
2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- a bag of mini marshmallows
- a package of milk chocolate mousse mix
- 1 cup milk
1. Preheat an oven to 350F, and line a 9x9 square baking pan with aluminum foil.
2. Create a double boiler with a small pot of shallow boiling water and a glass bowl. Fill the glass bowl with the 12 tbsp butter and the chocolate to begin melting.
3. In a bowl, mix the 1/4 c sugar, 6 tbsp butter, and graham cracker crumbs. Spread out the mixture in the pan, and place in the oven while making the brownie batter.
4. Mix the flours, salt, and powder in a medium bowl.
5. In another bowl, cream the eggs, vanilla and 2 cups sugar.
6. Once the chocolate mixture has melted completely, slowly add a small amount to the eggs. Mix until incorporated in order to temper the eggs to the same temperature as the chocolate. Fully combine the chocolate and egg mixture until well blended.
7. By about half cups, add the flour to the chocolate until well blended.
8. Pull the pan out of the oven, and pour the batter into the pan, and spread evenly. Place back in the oven for about 30 minutes. Use a toothpick to check when done; when inserted toothpick comes out clean, the brownies are ready.
9. When brownies come out clean, remove from oven and turn the oven to broil. Place a single layer of marshmallows over top the brownies, and place back in the oven. Keep a close eye, and remove when marshmallows start to brown. This will take about 1 minute.
10. While the brownies cool, combine the mousse mix and milk. Whisk for 5 minutes.
11. Once the brownies completely cool, put the mousse into a bag, snip off a corner, and squeeze the mousse on top of the brownies.