Tuesday, July 14, 2009

0 Where do we go from here?

So I have an amazing job, a great place to live, and a strong group of friends and family. So, where do I go from here?

With settling in and finally feeling relaxed in a regular routine, I'm starting to wonder about where I'll be another 4 years from now. I've gotten past all the predefined 4 year land marks of younger life (elementary school, middle school, high school, college) which all gave you knowledge of where you would be for the next couple years. With this next stage of life, I don't have that. I have certainty that I am going to be working, but aside from that, where am I going?

Ps, I'm keeping this strictly professional, screw thoughts of dating, marriage, and babies right now. I'll let all my friends handle that right now.

I think I've come to the conclusion that within 5 years I'm going to want to have a Master's (either in Software Engineering, Software Design, or Management). My major will end up depending upon what I fall in love with doing the next year or two. Also, I don't know how realistic this is, but I'd LOVE to be a Senior Engineer, or somewhere in management....at least a E2...

No comments:

Post a Comment