Here's a clean, easy, delicious dish that is a perfect summer dish. This can be prepared in the oven, or on the grill.
Servings: 2-3 peoplePrep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
2 Chicken breasts, butterflied6-7 slices of bacon (use your favorite flavoring)
1 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Black peppercorns
2 tsp Garlic Salt
2 tsp Onion Powder
1 cup Brown rice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place a cup of brown rice in a rice cooker and prepare as described by the manufacturer. If you do not have a rice cooker, purchase minute rice and cook as the packaging describes.
- Before touching the chicken, pull out 10-15 toothpicks. You'll want to do this before touching the chicken, so as not to spread bacteria to the toothpick packaging.
- In a bowl combine all of the seasonings.
- Slice the chicken into 1/2 inch thick, 2x2 inch blocks of chicken. Sprinkle the seasonings onto the chicken.
- Pull out the bacon, and slice all of the pieces in halves. Wrap each slice of chicken with two of the halves, and use the toothpicks to keep each package together.
- Place the chicken inside of the oven for approximately 20 minutes. Check on it occassionally to ensure that the chicken does not overcook.
- After about 20 minutes, pull out the chicken and check if the center is not pink. If so, turn the broiler on your oven onto high, and immediately place the chicken back in the oven for 4 minutes. This allows the bacon to brown.