The right blend of flours and other dry ingredients is the key to making gluten free pancakes that have similar taste and texture to wheat flour pancakes. This recipe has a lot of ingredients, but the actual steps of making the pancakes is fairly easy and straightforward. This recipe makes 1 dozen pancakes.
1/2 cup rice flour
1 1/2 tsp tapioca flour
1/6 cup potato starch
1 tbsp sugar
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp xanthan gum
1 1/2 tbsp canola oil
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1. In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients until they are well blended.
2. Add the wet ingredients to the bowl, and mix until well blended.
3. Heat a griddle pan to 375F or a flat pan to medium heat. The pan is ready if drops of water evaporate when dropped onto the pan. Spray with cooking spray or butter the pan.
4. Using a 1/4 cup spoon the batter onto the pan. Wait until the side have solidified and bubbles form in the pancake to flip.
5. Wait a few minutes for the other side to cook, and remove from pan.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all batter is cooked.
Enjoy the pancakes, and happy Saturday!