Saturday, September 25, 2010
Below's another one of my quick and easy meals that anyone can make. For real quick meals where I don't really have time to cook, I like to use pre-made pasta and sauce, and then add a few ingredients to enhance the flavors. I hope you enjoy!
- Pre-made gnocchi
- Your favorite jar of tomato sauce, 1 cup
- Parmesan cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- a few leaves of basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound ground beef
1. Start a pot of boiling water, and cook the gnocchi according to the package's directions.
2. Heat a shallow pot to medium heat, add a small amount of olive oil and ground beef. To this, add some salt, pepper, and the garlic. Cook until the meat is no longer pink.
3. Drain the cooked meat, and add back to the pot. Add tomato sauce, along with approximately a 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese, and a 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella. Mix until all the cheese has melted.
4. Mix the gnocchi with the sauce, and add some chopped basil.