A few days ago one of my friends asked for a simple and easy chicken recipe. They don't normally cook often, but want to learn how to cook healthy food. This recipe would go well with any side of vegetables or rice, and is cooked without any added oil.
- Fresh chicken breasts (4)
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- dash of pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350. Place an oven-safe grill pan into the oven. Be sure to use oven mitts before touching the pan.
2. In a bowl, mix together everything but the chicken. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with the seasoning.
3. With oven mitts on, place the chicken on the pan , and return to oven. Cook for about 12 minutes per side for 1.5 inch thick chicken.
4. Using a meat thermometer, periodically check if chicken is 165F. If you don't have a meat thermometer, cut open chicken and check if juices are clear.
5. Remove from oven, and let sit for 5 minutes.
I hope yall enjoy this quick and easy recipe!