After attending an amazing wedding this weekend, it was time for me to make a good home cooked meal that could last as leftovers during a busy week. This goes well with a hearty vegetable such as asparagus or with a light, refreshing salad.
Yields: 2 pork tenderloins, serves 4-6
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: ~50 minutes at 375F or until 160F in the middle
2 pork tenderloins
3 tablespoons diced pancetta, sauteed
3-4 cloves garlic\
6 leaves of fresh Basil, diced (or 2 tablespoons dry)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
6 diced sun dried tomatos
1 tablespoon dry oregano
1 tsp dry thyme
1 tbsp olive oil
pinch salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients aside from the pork.
3. Using a very sharp parry knife, slice the tenderloins down the middle, and spread open (like a butterfly). Spread the filling into the openings of each tenderloin.
4. Using twine, tie the pork closed at the ends and in the middle (see picture below.) Place in the oven and bake for 50 minutes at 375F, or until a thermometer reads 160-165F when inserted into the middle of the tenderloins.
5. Let them sit 5-10 minutes before slicing, and enjoy!