My roommates and I grow some mint in our backyard garden, so we wanted make our own homemade chocolate chip mint ice cream! With an ice cream maker it only takes about 30 minutes! I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1/4 cup whole milk
3 tablespoon mint leaves, diced
3/4 cup whole mik, well chilled
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups heavy cream, well chilled
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, chopped
1. Pour the 1/4 cup milk and mint into a cup, and microwave for 30 seconds. Let the mint seep for 10 minutes while the mint oil infuses the milk.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the milk, mint, and sugar together until the sugar is dissolved.
3. Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla until well blended.
4. Pour into an ice cream mixer and chill according to manufacturer's directions.
5. Serve with mint leaves, and enjoy!
This post has been shared with Sweets for a Saturday.