Sunday, June 16, 2013

14 Gluten Free Bourbon Honey Grilled Pork Chops - #sundaysupper


Happy Father's Day to all of the dads out there. Isabel summarized this week's theme in her preview post pretty well; we've all become like an extended family, and this week's theme is inspired by dads everywhere. Join us for this #sundaysupper to support all of the dad's, and share our love for them through the recipes we share, inspired by them.
For my contribution, what better way to respect fathers than through the grill. Alongside baked potatoes and simply prepared vegetables, a grilled protein is a wonderful way to honor fathers. With this recipe, you can make a very simple bourbon honey sauce that turns into a sweet and tangy glaze perfect on a bone in chop. I chose a bone in chop because not only is it easier to handle, but it has a rustic appearance that goes perfectly with the theme of Father's Day.

Check out my recipe, and all of the day's recipes below!

Gluten Free Bourbon Honey Grilled Pork Chops

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 24 minutes
Servings: 4 chops

Ingredients
1/2 cup Maker's Mark
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp ketchup
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (make it 1 tsp to really kick up the heat)
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
4 bone-in chops

Steps
In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, add all ingredients but the chops. Stir occasionally so the honey doesn't burn, and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Lightly salt and pepper both sides of the chops.

Preheat your grill. Once preheated, brush one side of the chops with sauce and lay the chops sauce-side-down on the grill. Sauce the tops of the chops. After about 6 minutes, turn the chops 90 degrees, and add more sauce to the tops. After another 6, flip each pork chop, and add more sauce. After another 6 minutes, rotate the chops for the last time 90 degrees, and add any remaining sauce. Over the next 6 minutes, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperatures. Once the pork is 145F, remove from heat and let it rest for 5-10 minutes.

Dad’s Favorite Main Dishes: 
Dad’s Favorite Appetizers and Sides: 
Dad’s Favorite Desserts
Come celebrate Father’s day with the Sunday Supper Team! We would love to have you join our Twitter #SundaySupper chat starting at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day to see the amazing recipes. We look forward to seeing you.  To join all you need to do is follow the#SundaySupper hashtag and share your favorite tips and recipes. Be sure to check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more delicious recipes and photos.

14 comments:

  1. Lauren @ HealthyDelishJune 16, 2013 at 11:24 AM

    oh man, I haven't had a pork chop in ages! That's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dish is just my style. I've never made a bone-in chop before but I love ordering them at restaurants. They feel so fancy for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe makes me want to go out and buy a pork chop! And that bourbon sauce - OH MY GAWD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true how one of the best ways to honor dads is with the grill. I have many fond memories of my dad grilling steaks and so much more. Nice recipe for pork chops and one many dad would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at 1/2 cup Maker's Mark, 1/4 cup honey. I know my husband would love these chops. I would adore them. And pork chops on the bone are the best. 1. a handle 2. more flavor. I could pick that one up in the photo and take a big bite right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! The cayenne cuts through a lot of the sweetness and goes well with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's all in not moving the chops around. By moving the meat as little as possible it creates beautiful grill marks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agreed! To me the feel so rustic, something classic about bone in chops.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agreed, I have the same memories as well. Its where I learned how to make pork butt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, it makes the chops so much easier to handle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh I'm keeping this in mind for summer visits with dad!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now this is a recipe my husband would be on board for! I just bought some pork chops the other day, and I think this could be a great recipe to whip up with them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sunithi Selvaraj, RDJune 19, 2013 at 4:46 PM

    ooh, love all the spice in this recipe !! Nice gluten free version. I've recently started eating GF and this looks like a great recipe to make ! yumm !

    ReplyDelete