Below is a recipe of another salad that I like to make, which is relatively easy and quick to do. I think the walnuts and apple add a much needed texture to the salad. Enjoy!
- 1/2 apple, thinly sliced
- Mixed salad greens
- Handful walnuts
- Some grated Parrano cheese (aged Gouda or Parmesan are fine substitutes)
- 3 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, 1/2 lime
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- Rinse and dry the salad greens. Mix in the apple.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the vinegar and juices til combined. Whisk in the oil until the dressing is emulsified (well blended)
- Drip a ring of the dressing around the outside of the salad green bowl. Gently toss the salad to coat the greens in the dressing. (Purpose of this is to not overdress the salad, or else it becomes soggy. By slowly adding a little dressing and tossing the greens into the dressing, you can easily avoid overdressing the salad.)
- Mix in the walnuts, plate the salad, and grate the fresh Parrano on top. Enjoy!