Yields: 6 dozen mini cupcakes, ~2 dozen regular
Cook Time: 12 minutes per mini cupcake tin, 15-17 per regular cupcake tin
-1 cup white rice flour
-3/4 cup brown rice flour
-1/2 cup tapioca flour
-3/4 cup potato starch
-1 1/4 tsp xantham gum
-1 tbsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 cup butter
-2 cup sugar
-1 tbsp vanilla
-1 cup milk
-1/4 cup cream, whipped
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease your tins or line with paper.
2. Mix all dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
3. In a second medium large bowl, beat the butter until fluffy. To this beat in the vanilla, and the sugar by the half cup until well blended. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
4. Alternate beating the flour and the milk into the wet mix until well combined. Fold in the whipped cream.
6. Spoon into your cupcake tins, and bake for 12 minutes if mini cupcakes, 15-17 for regular cupcakes. Cupcakes are ready when an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool cupcakes completely before icing.
7. Customize Frosting: For strawberry frosting, add diced strawberry (1-3 strawberries for taste) to the frosting. Use regular frosting for cookies and cream icing, just top with a piece of cookie after frosting.
For a blog post that has a collection of really awesome confections, go to this blog post.