Wednesday, November 16, 2011

4 Mushroom Risotto



A couple months ago I tried making risotto out of the box before but it ended up having a horrible texture. After that I decided I would try to make risotto on my own, even though I've heard it is a relatively hard dish to make. That and it always seems to be the one dish that gives contestants trouble on those cooking shows, so it has to be hard, right?

Here's my first recipe for mushroom risotto, I hope you enjoy!

Cook Time 40-50 minutes
Servings 4

Ingredients
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup Arboria Rice
1/2 cup Reisling wine
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
4 1/2 cups hot chicken stock
2 Portobello caps, cubed
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar

Steps
In a large saucepan, sautee the onions and garlic in the oil until the onions are translucent. While they are cooking, heat up the stock in a small pan over medium heat.

Add the rice to the onions, and coat with the oil. Add the wine to the pan, and constantly stir until the wine is absorbed. Add the stock to the rice by the cup as the rice soaks up each addition of liquid, stirring constantly while the rice cooks.
While the risotto is cooking cook the mushrooms and vinegar in a small pan over medium heat until the mushrooms are tender. Add them to the risotto after all the liquid has been added to the pan. Add the cheese as well.

Stir until all is combined, and serve with your favorite protein and leafy green. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Great recipe ! I made it! It`s delicious!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad to hear that! I'm happy that you enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to have found this on pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you love it! Be sure to vote on this or any other of your favorite recipes!

      Delete