|GF Peanut Butter Pie|
Can't resist chocolate and peanut butter? Well, this recipe is definitely for you!
This dessert has been a family favorite since I was a kid. With a slight change in the crust I now prepare it gluten-free for my family to enjoy. This easy to make frozen PB pie is perfect for a weeknight or to take to a gathering.
Ingredients: to make 1 pie
- 1--8 ounce package cream cheese (softened)
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 TBLS honey
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1--8 ounce container of Cool Whip
- chocolate sauce such as Hershey's syrup (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground gluten-free graham crackers (regular or chocolate)
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2-3 TBLS melted butter-just enough to moisten the graham cracker crumbs
To make crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees; mix sugar with the finely ground graham, pour into pie plate or foil pie tin. Add melted butter to graham cracker mixture, stir and then press moistened mixture into pie plate. Place pie crust in oven for 5 minutes just to bake crust slightly. Let cool.
To make PB filling: with an electric mixer beat cream cheese with powdered sugar until creamy; add peanut butter & honey to cream cheese mixture--beat until creamy; fold in 8 oz. cool whip. Pour peanut butter cream cheese filling into prepared pie crust. If you choose to use the chocolate sauce this is the time to drizzle sauce lightly over the PB pie. Place in freezer until dessert time. Let pie thaw for 10-15 minutes before serving.