Sunday, March 17, 2013

22 #SundaySupper - Asparagus Bell Pepper Salad


It's Sunday and time for another #SundaySupper! This week we're inspired by Spring and are sharing some of our favorite recipes that make us think of spring coming. To me, I always think of a salad made with fresh raw ingredients when someone mentions spring. I love a fresh and crisp salad that can be enjoyed on a warm spring day.

This recipe is a really simple raw salad that easy to make, but balances the distinct flavor of asparagus with the sweetness of apples and bell pepper. 

Be sure to check out everyone else's spring recipe underneath mine, and join us at 7pm tonight for our twitter chat! Just search for #sundaysupper.

Asparagus Bell Pepper Salad

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2 people

Ingredients
1 bell pepper
1 handful of shredded carrots
3 stalks of asparagus
half of one apple
half of one lemon
salt and pepper

Steps
Thinly slice the pepper, asparagus, and apple into very thin strips, about the same thickness as the shredded carrots. Combine the pepper, carrots, asparagus, and apple in a bowl. Add the juice of the lemon and a dash of salt and pepper. Toss, and serve as an appetizer or a side.



Check out the recipes of all the other participants!

Green and Spring Dishes Menu Includes:
Breakfast
Apps, Bread, Salads, Soups and Dressings:
Main and Sides:
Desserts:
Beverages:

Guinness Beer Milkshake by The Urban Mrs
Wines to Pair with Springtime #SundaySupper Dishes by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Irish Spring Tea Party by My Cute Bride

22 comments:

  1. Loving your fresh raw spring salad! Feel healthier just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I definitely feel healthy eating it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always looking for interesting salad combos and this one looks interesting ! Looks pretty too !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup! It's definitely not a boring looking salad, part of the reason I like making it is for the variation in colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love crisp salads too - need to have that crunch. I've never thought of apples and asparagus together, but I'll bet the flavors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! That is a treat to the eyes and the taste buds. I have never tried raw asparagus in a salad before. I can't wait to get my hands on some local asparagus to try this with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic idea to combine peppers, asparagus, and apples in a delicious spring salad! Happy spring to you :) ~ Bea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! It's definitely one of my favorite spring salads to make.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors in this salad :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love combining fruit with salads. This looks so vibrant, fresh and healthy, all things my body is craving after I've stuffed it full of rich, fatty, indulgent foods all winter long.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simple is always better! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fresh, healthy and easy idea! I love this. I am always looking for quick and easy 2 serving recipes. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice crunchy salad and I can even see it being a topping on a sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Alaiyo Kiasi-BarnesMarch 17, 2013 at 5:03 PM

    This is a great idea and such a light and refreshing-looking way to serve the freshest veggies. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Alaiyo Kiasi-BarnesMarch 17, 2013 at 5:05 PM

    Hmmm, someone else's photo is showing up next to my comment on your page.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That would be my face. Have no idea why, I moved to disqus recently (which has been working rather well) so it's probably something with that...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cool salad! I'm thinking of attempting to grow my own bell peppers this year. This would be so tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Paula @ Vintage KitchenMarch 18, 2013 at 7:38 AM

    Raw asparagus is great and I like that you paired it with apple. So refreshing for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so elegant and delicious, a perfect starter or palate cleanser for sure

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great combination for a salad, yummy!!

    ReplyDelete