Saturday, May 14, 2011

0 Gluten Free Beef Stew


I believe soups and stews are wonderful foods to make when you don't have a lot of time during the week to cook but still want to have a healthy meal. During busy weeks, I cook a stew on Sunday so I can microwave it for dinner the next few nights.

One stew recipe I like is one of Paula Deen's (recipe link here), with a few modifications.
Browning the beef
1. Before browning the beef, brown about 3 ounces of diced pancetta or bacon. The addition of the pancetta adds a wonderful salty pork taste to the stew.
2. Substitute the 2 cups of water with 1 cup of beef broth and 1 cup of a good red wine.
3. When adding the wine and beef broth, add 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.
When the vegetables are added
The stew after cooking for several hours
I hope you all enjoy! Its an easy recipe to follow, and rather delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment