Monday, August 1, 2011

1 Gluten Free Pork Burgers


So I've eaten two burgers in the past two years, this recipe being one of the two. Last summer I went to a cookout in DC where there were salads, burgers, and hot dogs. To avoid eating wheat in the buns, I skewered the burger on a fork and ate it almost like a giant meat lollipop. I can definitely say that I got a few odd looks.

So I was very happy to find Udi's Gluten Free Bagels in my grocery store. All I have to say is I love Udi's, they has such amazing texture in taste in their projects. I fully recommend it to anyone who has to eat gluten free.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6-8 minutes
Yields: 2 burgers

Ingredients
3/4 lb ground pork
1/4 cup gluten free Italian or plain breadcrumbs
2 oz pancetta, diced
1/4 cup Pecorino Romano cheese
1 tbsp oregano
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
salt and pepper
2 Udi's Gluten Free Bagels
Ketchup, onions, baby spinach (and any other condiments of your preference)

Steps
1. Combine the pork, crumbs, pancetta, cheese, oregano, powders, salt and pepper. Divide evenly into two patties.
2. Preheat a grill pan to medium heat and lightly oil. Place the patties on the grill pan, and let cook for about 3-4 minutes. Flip the patties and cook for another 3-4 minutes. 
3. Remove the burgers and place the bagels face down on the grill, allowing them to form grill marks. Will take about 4 minutes
4. Assemble the burger, topping with ketchup, onions, and spinach.

I hope you enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I've used Udi's bagels for buns too and they're super tasty!

    ReplyDelete