Friday, June 1, 2012

2 Gluten Free French Toast


For the past few years, I've been trying to make a gluten free bread with a texture and taste that I actually enjoy. Believe me, if you haven't made gluten free bread before, it is definitely a hard recipe to perfect. This past weekend though, I made the best gluten free bread I've made so far, so I decided to make a simple french toast for breakfast one morning. Its super tasty, and super easy to make! I've tried making it before with store-bought gluten-free bread, but nothing compares to a fresh loaf...

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Servings:  4 slices

Ingredients
2 eggs
1/3 cup milk
1 tbsp granulated sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
4 slices gluten free bread
1 tbsp butter

Steps
In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Pour into a shallow pan. Place the four pieces of bread into  the mix, and then flip over and let soak in the egg mix while preheating a pan.

Place a skillet onto the stove over medium low heat, and add the butter. Once the butter has melted and the pan is hot, drain each piece of bread of any excess egg, and then place onto the skillet. Cook on each side from 2-3 minutes, until the egg coating is browned on each side. Serve with powdered sugar and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! Looking forward to seeing (and tasting) your gluten-free bread recipe. Please share! Thank you so much for your wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll be posting it this Wednesday, be sure to look for it!

    ReplyDelete