Friday, August 2, 2013

1 Finally, the FDA defines “gluten-free” for food labeling

Press Announcements FDA defines “gluten-free” for food labeling
 Celiacs everywhere are now celebrating and breathing a sigh of relief. I know I am for sure! As a mother of 3 children ( two with celiac disease) and a GF business owner I am all too aware of the risks celiacs take when purchasing a product that states it is GF but there is no outside testing certification that actually deems it truly gluten-free.  Recently, my son Josh had his annual blood work performed.  This always includes a celiac panel just to make sure that we are on the right GF path.  Josh has been GF for almost 11 years now and his levels are always perfect since being GF. Not so this time around.  His antibody levels were elevated and I honestly do not know why!  Josh does not cheat, that I know for sure,  but maybe some products that he is eating, that state they are GF, are truly not GF or safe enough for someone with celiac disease. The FDA labeling law will force manufacturers to test their products that they want to be labeled GF.  
As a GF business owner I have positioned our products specifically for this day. At Just Ask Josh our products are all sampled and ELISA tested to be <10ppm- significantly below the FDA regulations for GF.  I am very proud of our testing and GF certification.  Yes, it does cost to have the products tested but I would not have it any other way!

1 comment:

  1. the titanium tube - Baojititanium
    In order to maintain titanium alloy nier control of the device, the T-35-M1 titanium blue is attached to the This device uses titanium band rings the "T-33" slot with a metal core attached to the bottom of titanium tubing the ford fusion titanium t-33

    ReplyDelete